21 Jun Small Business Isn’t Small To You!
We work a lot with medium and small business owners. To them, there is NOTHING small about what they do. Many of them support not only themselves and their families, but also a number of employees. And obviously, their business relies on vendors and other suppliers, so they don’t think “small business” is small, either!
I bring this up in regards to website maintanence and search engine optimization. For small businesses, it can indeed be a struggle to “rank” high against multinational corporations that offer services similar to yours. Even large regional chains will likely place higher on Google than you do. But here’s the thing; even if you can’t rank high, your website still serves a very important purpose. Let’s look at that…
- For retailers, your website becomes an online catalogue of your offerings.
- Your site obviously will include your open/closing times which is vital to customers.
- Restaurants will want to list their menus. Again, a vital reason people will visit your site.
- If you’re a service-based business, you can go into detail about how you operate.
- Videos can be used to further enhance your explanations.
- Your website can detail your company’s involvement in your community and charities.
- Contact information is as is your address. Sometimes referred to as NAP; you name, address and phone info should be consistent across the web.
And that’s just a quick list.
My point is this. You might not need a massive website with tons of categories and information, but you need one nonetheless — and it needs to be modern, clean, clear, secure and fast.
And, of course, we’d be happy to help you reach that goal.